I’m Hils Robson and I live with my family in the Scottish Borders (Near Kelso).
My husband and I are very lucky to have four lovely children, Jennie 19, Rosie 17, Susanna 13 and our little but very gorgeous surprise… Hunter 7.
By chance in 2009, I read an article about Doulas and realised I had found my perfect job! (and trained immediatley!) I loved being pregnant and having babies and I hope my enthusiasm for it will put a new mother at ease. To have support at this time in your life is invaluable and the help my wonderful family gave us made all the difference, which is why I would like to be able to help other families.
As a Doula, I see babies with colic and reflux from time to time and after looking into cures, it seemed baby massage kept coming up again and again and so as the NHS were sadly not providing this post natally any more (due to financial reasons) I trained to teach this to parents.
I held a class for a small group of friends in my sitting room about 5 years ago and things have kind of grown from there. I am delighted to now be running courses in 5 different towns locally and over 4O% of all babies born in The Borders are now attending classes and learning the wonderful world of Infant Massage. My love of babies has led to where I am today and am passionate that new mothers (and fathers) can enjoy this time as much as possible.
The world is always offering new advice and so I hope my classes can encourage parents to relax and parent as they would like to. Thank you for visiting my page and enjoy this special time with your new family, love Hils x
- I am a fully qualified Doula with Nurturing Birth;
- Infant Massage Instructor with The Scottish School of Baby Massage;
- I have been a volunteer on the Children 1st Committee locally for 19 years
- I am an NHS Peer Supporter for Breastfeeding and volunteer on the maternity ward on Thursdays at the Borders General Hospital (having completed a UNICEF Breastfeeding Management course);
- Hold an NHS and SBC full disclosure;
- I have recently been vaccinated by the NHS with all relevant vaccinations and have held a clean driving licence for 27 years;
- CPD Course on Infant Mental Health and Development (Butterfly Baby Clinic) Jan 2015;
- NHS Weaning Course 2014;
- Infant Mental Health and Development Foundation Course with The Wonder Weeks 2016;
- Winner of BEST Pre/Post natal activity class in the UK (as voted for by parents through What’s On 4 Kids);
For more information please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to explain anything further.